Cortez Village Historical Society (Cultural Center)
NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!
For 24 hours, starting at noon tomorrow TUESDAY September 20th to noon on WEDNESDAY September 21st your donation will be matched THREE times as part of the 2016 Giving Challenge Your donation of $25 becomes a $75, $50 becomes $150, and $100 turns into a $300 donation! (Matched up to $100)
Your donation is being matched by The Sarasota Community Foundation and The Patterson Foundation. The Cortez Village Historical Society has worked extremely hard at being able to participate in this. It has been a long grueling process to be accepted into this challenge along with 500 other non-profit organizations. This the first year for us at the Cortez Village Historical Society and we are very excited!
To participate in The 24 Hour 2016 Giving Challenge:
Make your donation through The Giving Challenge SECURE website, from Noon tomorrow September 20th to Noon September 21st here is a direct link http://bit.ly/GivingChallenge2016 This takes you right their!! Its EASY. All donations are 100% Tax Deductible and a receipt will be sent to the email address your provide. Here are our plans for the donations
1. Buying a computer program to photograph and digitalize all our items to museum standards
2. Make copies of our many oral histories and documentaries that are in various forms
3. Purchase a television that would accommodate the new DVD’s to play our oral histories and documentaries for our visitors to view 4. Our original photographs need museum quality containers for storage
5. Purchase a display case to view the WW ll military uniforms from the men and women from Cortez
6. We would like to add more native plants and trees to our grounds 7. Finish the interacting children’s corner
8. Buying materials to build some raised vegetable gardens for the community
http://bit.ly/GivingChallenge2016 you can click this link as well!!
Our website is still under construction, coming soon! The 2016 Giving Challenge is presented by the Community Foundation of Sarasota County with giving strengthened by The Patterson Foundation, as well as support from Manatee Community Foundation, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, William G. and Marie Selby Foundation, and the Herald-Tribune Media Group.
Copyright © 2016 cortez village historical society, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
P.O. Box 663, Cortez FL. 34215